The South African High Commission requires the services of a Secretary (Administration)
Post: Secretary (Administration)
- A minimum of 12 years schooling.
- One year Secretarial Diploma / Certificate.
- Proficiency in business English.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Secretary / Personal Assistant.
- Previous experience in a Diplomatic Mission and knowledge of South Africa would be an advantage. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in various software programmes (Microsoft Office, Windows, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must hold Australian citizenship or be a Permanent Resident in Australia.
- Provide secretarial and clerical duties including management of the Information Database.
- Diary management of the Section and organising travel and itineraries.
- Assisting with co-ordination of diplomatic and social events.
- Attend to logistics for functions.
- Assisting with all administration and clerical functions.
- Writing and processing of official documentation in English.
- Assist in the High Commissioner's office when required.
- Attend to public enquiries telephonically, via email and in person.
A minimum salary of AUD 50,953 per annum excluding benefits (superannuation, medical contribution, free parking). The starting salary will be calculated according to qualifications and years of relevant experience.
Applicants should submit their applications together with the following documentation:
- A cover letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Applications must include at least three contactable references
Applications and relevant documents must be sent to:
South African High Commission
Corner State Circle and Rhodes Place
Canberra 2600 ACT
For attention: Ms N Madisha
Closing Date For Applications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 15:00 on Thursday, 04 August 2022. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.