Your Gateway to the Rainbow Nation
The Mission is situated in Canberra, the capital of Australia.
Apart from the Department of International Relations and
Cooperation, the departments of Trade and Industry and Home Affairs are
also represented at the Mission.
Honorary Consuls are situated in Melbourne, South Australia,
Brisbane (vacant) and Perth.
The South African High Commission is operational from 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
The office will remain closed during Lunch Break: 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
Consular hours strictly from 8:30am to 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Submission of applications in person at the Mission between 8.30 am to 1 pm only.
I would like to take this opportunity to extend warm greetings to members of the South African diaspora living in Australia.
|As you would be aware, this year South Africa celebrates the 20th anniversary of democracy. Various celebratory activities in South Africa and abroad involving government, organized labor, business, civil society, academia, faith-based organizations and the media will take place. The envisaged activities will reflect on the dawn of democracy in South Africa and seek a commitment to practical actions to deepen democracy and build social cohesion towards a better South Africa for all.
Members of the South African diaspora are encouraged to join in organizing their own celebratory events, be it a cultural event or even a picnic, and to lend their support to such activities as well as participating in those organized by Australian-South Africans alone, or with their Australian partners. The diaspora are important members of the South African community and channeling their skills and expertise will contribute to making the future of South Africa work!
Registration To Vote For The 2019 Elections
South African citizens who have not previously registered to vote or first time voters and wish to vote for the 2019 Elections, are hereby invited to apply for registration.
Registration of South Africans Abroad
||DIRCO has developed a unique software termed ROSA (Registration of South Africans Abroad) that allows both individual and group travellers to register, update their profiles and de-register their profiles on-line. ROSA is a software program that enables all South African citizens who are travelling, working, living or studying abroad to register online with DIRCO. Registration is voluntary and free, and your information is kept private. Register with us.
South African Newspapers
Travel Information for children (under the age of 18) travelling to the South Africa
Where parents are travelling with a child, such parents must produce an unabridged birth certificate of the child reflecting the particulars of the parents of the child.
In the case of one parent travelling with a child, he or she must produce an unabridged birth certificate and:
- consent in the form of an affidavit from the other parent registered as a parent on the birth certificate of the child authorizing him or her to enter into or depart from the Republic with the child he or she is travelling with;
- a court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or legal guardianship in respect of the child, if he or she is the parent or legal guardian of the child; or
- where applicable, a death certificate of the other parent registered as a parent of the child on the birth certificate;
Where a person is travelling with a child who is not his or her biological child, he or she must produce:
- a copy of the unabridged birth certificate of the child;
- an affidavit from the parents or legal guardian of the child confirming that he or she has permission to travel with the child;
- copies of the identity documents or passports of the parents or legal guardian of the child; and
- the contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child
Any unaccompanied minor shall produce to the immigration officer:
- proof of consent from one of or both his or her parents or legal guardian, as the case may be, in the form of a letter or affidavit for the child to travel into or depart from the Republic; Provided that in the case where one parent provides proof of consent, that parent must also provide a copy of a court order issued to him or her in terms of which he or she has been granted full parental responsibilities and rights in respect of the child;
- a letter from the person who is to receive the child in the Republic, containing his or her residential address and contact details in the Republic where the child will be residing;
- a copy of the identity document or valid passport and visa or permanent residence permit of the person who is to receive the child in the Republic; and
- the contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child.
Passport requirements – Machine readable with at least 2 blank pages when entering the Republic
Visa & Permit Information is currently under change please email email@example.com for requirements.
South African Temporary Passports will no longer be issued with effect for 1st September 2014 in accordance with recent directives. The Mission is no longer accepting applications for Temporary Passports with immediate effect.
South African Government
Arts and Culture
Search South Africa
Please note: Adobe Acrobat is required to view this